vr 12 jun|
Safety Inspector Course
This unique 40-hour course provides industrial, construction and other safety & health professionals with the next–level knowledge required to successfully manage a company or hotel - wide safety program.
Time & Location
12 jun 2020 08:30 – 12:30
QESH Services, Barcadera 135, Oranjestad, Aruba
About the event
This Safety Inspector Course will give participants a more holistic view of safety’s role in project company and hotel success, as well as advanced tactics and best practices for managing all aspects of a corporate safety program.
Participants who successfully complete the course will become Certified Safety Inspector authorized to implement a safety management program.
Prerequisites. Students will have to attest to the fact that they meet the prerequisites when they sign in the first day of the class (attachment A, Verification Prerequisites).
Update Requirement. To stay current on relevant safety matters, the Certified Safety Inspector is required to attend Update Class for Safety Inspector (yearly 8 hours) to remain certified. If a Safety Inspector certification status has expired, they will have a three month grace period after their expiration date to take the update course. After the three month grace period, a Safety Inspector Certification status may only be reinstated by retaking the complete course.
· The role of a Safety Inspector, tasks and responsibilities
· ARBO wet vs. 29CFR 1926 OSHA Construction Industry Regulations
· Aruban Local Safety Laws and Regulations
· The role of management and staff (Philosophy, Policy, Procedures and Practices)
· Building stones of a Safety Management System
· Communication and safety meeting structure
· Risk management and Job Safety Analyses
· Managing a Field Safety Inspection Program
· Accident Recordkeeping Requirements and best Practices
· Training program employees
· Safety Inspections and toolbox-meetings
· Subcontractors & Multi–Employer Relations
· Means and Equipment Management
· Safety System Thinking in Healthcare
The course is based on best safety practices and will include a theory and practical part, such as: case studies, interactive workshops, situational awareness safety skills training, develop hardwired safety documents, safety communication and practical safety inspections on different construction sites & locations, etc.
QESH Services N.V. will provide following topics on PowerPoint presentations for the students to prepare their presentations, topics are:
- Record keeping: Accident and incident reporting system
- Fire and explosion
- Hazardous Materials and dangerous goods (Chemicals)
- Struck-By and Caught in Between Hazards
- Confined spaces
- Welding and cutting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Aerial Platforms
- Cranes and rigging
- Working on height
- Falling and tripping hazards
- Fall-protection program
- Hand and powered tools
- Excavation and trenching
- Concrete and masonry Construction
- Stairways and ladders
- Electrical safety
- Office safety
Trainer: Bernd Zalewski who has more than 25 years of working in the occupational health and safety as a certified safety engineer, OHSA Trainer and VCA lead auditor / safety inspector in construction and heavy industries in Caribbean, Aruba, USA and Europe.
Total duration: 40 hours
Languages:The course will be conducted in English.
Maximum participants 10.
Dates JUNE weekly classes:
June 12th, 19th, 26th, July 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st, August 7th and 14th, 2020
Dates AUGUST weekly classes:
August 29th, September 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st, 2020
Time: From 8.30 am till 12.30 pm
Total cost Course June:
Regular price AWG 3.127,- per person
Total cost Course August:
Early bird price AWG 2.927,- per person (register before July 25th)
Regular price AWG 3.127,- per person
· 50% payment one week prior before the start.
· 50% after completion of the course.
NOTE: We understand that most companies deal with minimal income. We would offer you the opportunity to pay for the training instalments. Please contact us if you prefer to use this.
This is including:
- USB stick with tools
- Safety Powerpoint Presentations
- Written examination
- Certificates and a Certification Card
- Snacks, coffee, tea and water
At the beginning and end of each class session there will be taken attendance sheets.
Only those students who are 90% on all attendance sheets may receive a certification card.
Students will have to attest to the fact that they meet the prerequisites when they sign in the first day of the class (Attachment A, Verification Prerequisites).